Youth Fishing Pond
A fishing pond for youths ages 17 and younger and disabled adults sits adjacent to the Jefferson County Fair Complex. A grant from Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, as well as donations of community resources and time made the project possible.
- The fishing pond is for youths ages 17 and younger.
- Teens age 14 to 17 years old must possess a valid fishing license.
- Disabled adults must possess a disabled angler’s permit.
- Those eligible to fish can keep two fish per day.
- Parents may assist, but children need to be doing the fishing.
Biking and pedestrian trails provide easy access from the Fairgrounds to the Fishing Pond.
Thank you to the following for making the Youth Fishing Pond possible:
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
Portland General Electric
Deschutes Valley Water District
North Unit Irrigation District
Jack Palmer & Round Butte Fish Hatchery
City of Madras
Other generous community contributors